I’ve seen London, I’ve seen France, I’ve seen Statues with No Pants

 Jacob Here! 

The city of lights, the city of love, these are some of the nicknames given to our next location. Sadly my lovely girlfriend is unable to be with me in this romantic city so I am with Josh instead. When we took the train from Caen to Paris, we were on a rather full car and we stood until a seat opened up for us that’s when I spotted a young French girl and her mom talking with a couple of old ladies. My mom had given me some activities to do while I was away one of which was scratch paper that you have a special stylus that when you scrap the paper it reveals colors underneath. So I took out my bag and got a piece along with a stylus and gave it to the girl and although she spoke no English she was thrilled. I drew a smiley face to show her how the paper worked and walked back to my seat as she spent the next hour drawing all sorts of pictures of dinosaurs, trains, and many other things and just before they got off the little girl walked back over and handed me the drawing and wanted me to keep it. That moment was truly special for me as it showed how even though I am thousands of miles away from home we are still human beings regardless of what language we speak. 

When we stopped at the airbnb we met a couple of guys from South Africa who wanted to know all about American football and I happily explained the rules and they were really interested in watching so hopefully I made a couple more football fans from around the world. (As long as they aren’t Philadelphia Eagles Fans.) They also told me a lot about Rugby which sounds like a fun sport to watch so it looks like we both got a new sport to watch. 

For those of you who don’t know, my mother lived in France for awhile and has been to Paris. It was interesting seeing the things my mom had showed me in her pictures and how different yet similar the city has become. I saw all the classics, the Eiffel tower which was so much bigger than I had imagined and was quite beautiful. The craziest things was that it had tons of people selling little trinkets and alcohol all around the park surrounding the tower and one time while we were walking something happened and all the sellers who had little tarps under their goods grabbed the tarps and pulled a string and ran away with seconds. It was like pulling a cloth on a table full of dishes it was so fast. Next we saw the Arc De Triumph which was a reflective experience remembering that Nazis marched right through the arch where I was standing. Also at the Arc were a couple of French police officers who walked around the Arch in circles patrolling. A Professor of mine, Mee-Ae Kim told Josh to try everything and have new experiences then turned to me and told me not to get arrested… Well, I asked the officers to take a picture with me and the handcuffs just for you Professor! Unlike my homework I actually did it. 

I saw many other things in Paris, Versailles Palace, the Louvre. Some of you may be wondering if I went to Disneyland Paris and yes I did but I don’t think I can fit all my thoughts in this blog post so I will do a separate one just on Disneyland Paris to try and keep the blog from becoming a novel.










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All Aboard 🚂

New York City!

Asses and Amish