Queen Mary II

 Josh here!

Our Cunard cruise to the UK has now come to an end. My main takeaways:
  1. The potatoes were meh. Mashed, baked, roasted, but never very good.
  2. Several tasty desserts. 
  3. But the BUTTER! Amazing butter, perhaps some of the best I’ve ever tasted. A deep yellow with just the right balance of saltiness. Needless to say, I ate a lot of butter on the ship. 

On a more serious note, our time onboard the Queen Mary II really was wonderful! Ongoing deck games, speakers, dance performances, choir recitals, quizzes, and live music kept us busy. We shared meals with folks from all around the world; Australians, Kiwis, Americans. Though of all the wonderful people we met, Jake and I shared a large portion of our time with two groups. Jo and her daughter Holly, a lovely couple of English ladies from Coventry, as well as Alex and Marie, teachers from Luxembourg. We met Jo on one of the very first days at a shuffleboard tournament and later on Alex and I were later paired as teammates and eventual champions of a second shuffleboard tournament! Together we all competed in a series of quizzes, once scoring a 20/20 on a history quiz! Great friends, great food, and I even saw a couple dolphins. 

Reverse Immigration

Jacob here!

My whole life I have been taught about how many people from around the world sailed to New York City in search of a better life, my own family history can be traced to Europeans crossing the Atlantic to America. Now I return home to the motherland….. as a tourist! The cruise was overall an amazing experience, I played many different fun games such as shuffleboard, esports rugby, zombie dodgeball. I heard from many wonderful speakers such as a yeoman warder who is only 1 out of 420 to ever exist, Angela Rippon who is a famous British news anchor, and Josh Levine the historical consultant on Dunkirk the movie. My favorite part had to be playing the games especially shuffleboard which I believe should be added to my former college as a sports team so future generations may enjoy this nautical game. Late at night me and Josh would take laps around the ship discussing all matter of fun things, and this voyage offered me the chance to reflect as I stared out at the endless ocean. My epiphany’s are between me and the stars, but one things for sure I had to eat my rolls quickly or Josh would steal my butter ball.

Good bye New York City!

Jake found a Mermaid


Our championship Quiz paper

A morning on the ocean

Almost there!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All Aboard 🚂

New York City!

Asses and Amish