Hamburg: Model Trains and Delicious Churros

Jacob Here: 

Ever since I was a child I have loved trains. My favorite activity was playing with the wooden trains at my nana’s house. My favorite ride at Disneyland was big thunder mountain which has a rollercoaster train, and I watched Thomas the Tank engine. So when I got to visiting Hamburg I had to come and visit the worlds largest model train set. This place was massive and went through three floors of two building that were separated by a canal in between. It wasn’t just a long train track, as it included many scenes from around the world including a bunch of different countries in Europe, the United State, Brazil, Antarctica, and much more. Fully decorated scenes with buttons activated special features in each of the lands. If that’s not cool enough every 15 minutes it would turn from day into night and the sets would light up and come to life, and the coolest was a giant model volcano which spewed lava down its side in the Pompeii section of Italy. It was truly a unique experience and something that I hope I can replicate with my model train set I have.  Afterwords we meet up with one of Josh’s friends and had Churros, which despite being in Germany were exceptionally good. Then we finished with a nice walk around the fancy area of Hamburg. Although the trains were mini the adventure certainly was not.






From our visit with Citlali




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All Aboard ๐Ÿš‚

New York City!

Asses and Amish